Lawsuits can be a pain. Even when you are on the right side of justice, a bogus lawsuit can waste your time, and even worse, be ruled against your favor. While the American justice system gives you a fair trial, it’s the civil litigious nature that has a vague reputation.
With lawsuits raining in the country, you need protection when cases are ruled against you. While you may have a boat, home, or auto liability coverages, they may not help when you face substantial liability claims. And folks, that’s where umbrella insurance comes into play. Still not convinced that you need umbrella insurance? Hang on as Western Insurance Associates of Spokane, WA, shares more insights.
What does umbrella insurance cover?
Umbrella insurance is the safety net that saves the day when you are faced with claims exceeding your current insurance plans. Typically, umbrella insurance protects you against the below.
- Bodily injury claims: Protects you when you sustain injuries to third parties. For instance, if you cause significant bodily injury to the other motorist in a vehicular accident, you are at fault, umbrella insurance takes over when your auto insurance liability coverage runs out.
- Property damage: It covers physical damage caused to other people’s property.
- Personal liability: The beauty of umbrella insurance is that it covers you against personal liabilities like libel, slander, and false arrest that aren’t covered by typical liability coverages.
Generally, umbrella insurance covers damages and injuries to other parties and not you or your property.
Who needs umbrella insurance?
Anyone with anything of value needs umbrella insurance since we can all be sued. However, if you are in the below categories, you need umbrella insurance ASAP since the chances of being sued are high. You need umbrella insurance if you:
- Own a home, boat, or vehicle
- Own dangerous pets
- Coach youth sports
- Own a business
- Participate in risky hobbies that can hurt others
- Are a parent
Are you looking for extra liability protection in Spokane, WA? Please contact Western Insurance Associates for an affordable umbrella insurance quote.